rpm-scripts

From: Craig Jensen <cjensen(at)acenet-tech(dot)org>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: rpm-scripts
Date: 2003-06-15 03:10:44
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hello,

    I sent this to pgsql-sql once, but got no reply.  I frankly don't know
    which of the lists would 'fit' this question but this appears to
    be relevant here:

    I am building an rpm for Mitle SME (a scaled down redhat 7.3) and
    have all functions working except:

    I need to have the rpm when installed create a database and a
    user with privilege to that database.  These commands are easy
    enough in general...

# service postgresql start
# su postgres
# createdb account
# psql account < Pg-tables.sql
# psql account < US_General-chart.sql
# exit

    But, I need these functions to be executed when one installs my rpm.
    For Mysql, I have the following in the %post:

-------------------snippet-from-spec-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%post
# This section creates the database, dbuser, dbpasswd and data after the
# package has been installed

pw=`/bin/cat /etc/openldap/ldap.pw`
/bin/echo exit | /usr/bin/mysql --password=$pw catalog  2>&1 &> /dev/null
if [ "$?" = "1" ] ; then
    /bin/echo "Creating catalog database..."
    /usr/bin/mysqladmin --password=$pw create catalog
    /bin/echo "grant all on catalog.* to catalog(at)localhost identified by 'shopuser';" | /usr/bin/mysql --password=$pw
    /usr/bin/mysql --password=$pw catalog < /home/e-smith/files/primary/html/store/catalog/install/oscommerce.sql
    /usr/bin/mysqladmin --password=$pw reload
fi
--------------end-of-snippet-from-spec-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     This creates a database using the root pasword (Mitel SME keeps
     this in ldap.pw (which is probably not needed for postgresql).
     What commands would I use to complete similar needs for
     a postgresql database to be created?

     Thank you for the help.

--
Best regards,
 Craig Jensen                            mailto:cjensen(at)acenet-tech(dot)org

Ace Net-Tech
http://www.acenet-tech.org/ My computer services site.
http://www.acenet-tech.org/phpBB2/ My forum, business and otherwise.

}}}All ouotgoing messages scanned and verified virus-free by Norton Antivirus
2003.{{{

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: David.LofstrandDate: 2003-06-16 11:48:16