rpm-scripts

From: Craig Jensen <cjensen(at)acenet-tech(dot)org>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: rpm-scripts
Date: 2003-06-15 03:10:44
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello,

I sent this to pgsql-sql once, but got no reply. I frankly don't know
which of the lists would 'fit' this question but this appears to
be relevant here:

I am building an rpm for Mitle SME (a scaled down redhat 7.3) and
have all functions working except:

I need to have the rpm when installed create a database and a
user with privilege to that database. These commands are easy
enough in general...

# service postgresql start
# su postgres
# createdb account
# psql account < Pg-tables.sql
# psql account < US_General-chart.sql
# exit

But, I need these functions to be executed when one installs my rpm.
For Mysql, I have the following in the %post:

-------------------snippet-from-spec-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%post
# This section creates the database, dbuser, dbpasswd and data after the
# package has been installed

pw=`/bin/cat /etc/openldap/ldap.pw`
/bin/echo exit | /usr/bin/mysql --password=$pw catalog 2>&1 &> /dev/null
if [ "$?" = "1" ] ; then
/bin/echo "Creating catalog database..."
/usr/bin/mysqladmin --password=$pw create catalog
/bin/echo "grant all on catalog.* to catalog(at)localhost identified by 'shopuser';" | /usr/bin/mysql --password=$pw
/usr/bin/mysql --password=$pw catalog < /home/e-smith/files/primary/html/store/catalog/install/oscommerce.sql
/usr/bin/mysqladmin --password=$pw reload
fi
--------------end-of-snippet-from-spec-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This creates a database using the root pasword (Mitel SME keeps
this in ldap.pw (which is probably not needed for postgresql).
What commands would I use to complete similar needs for
a postgresql database to be created?

Thank you for the help.

--
Best regards,
Craig Jensen mailto:cjensen(at)acenet-tech(dot)org

Ace Net-Tech
http://www.acenet-tech.org/ My computer services site.
http://www.acenet-tech.org/phpBB2/ My forum, business and otherwise.