Re: Newby Question - accessing refcursor.

From: burferd <jarzabek(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Newby Question - accessing refcursor.
Date: 2008-09-26 02:12:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Sorry about that, I missed your comment:

To cursors (without hold) disappear at transaction end. You need to
ensure you have done Connection.setAutoCommit(false) or else the cursor
will disappear before you can fetch from it.

So, you saying that when I create my original database connection,
I need to set Connection.setAutoCommit(false)

I have not seen that in any of the examples/tutorials I have looked at.
I would expect that to have an effect on updating the database, not fetching
from the database.
How will that affect other stored procedure fetches?