Re: System crash - invalid page header messages in log

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jim(at)contactbda(dot)com
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: System crash - invalid page header messages in log
Date: 2004-09-28 21:42:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers
"Jim Buttafuoco" <jim(at)contactbda(dot)com> writes:
> One of my systems crashed today and when Postgres started it gave the
> following warnings.  Is this OK?

Should theoretically be OK --- all of those pages were overwritten with
valid data from WAL playback.  What you need to worry about more is
whether the crash lost any pages that were *not* restored from the log
(because they hadn't been modified lately).  I'd suggest running a
pg_dump to see if any bad data turns up.