Re: bytea size limit?

From: Michael Privat <michael(at)ceci(dot)mit(dot)edu>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>,"pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bytea size limit?
Date: 2004-04-13 01:19:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Here you go. Coded against the CVS HEAD. Let me know if you want me to
change anything. Obviously, because I have to send the size ahead,
there is no other way but store the entire byte[] in memory (can't
stream), but with this code, I was able to load a blob of 30Mb+ (with
a heap size of 32Mb) against 1.5Mb yesterday with the same heap. So
there is some improvement.

http://jupiter.incodea.com/trans/pgsql-jdbc.diff

Michael