Re: float4 regression test failed on linux parisc

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jim(at)contactbda(dot)com
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: float4 regression test failed on linux parisc
Date: 2005-02-01 22:25:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Jim Buttafuoco" <jim(at)contactbda(dot)com> writes:
> I am trying to get this system working for the buildfarm as there are
> NO other HP PARISC system on the farm.

I still use a PA-RISC machine as my primary development environment,
so I can assure you that platform gets tested every day. I'm not
particularly interested in catering to a broken compiler by removing
the ability to detect float4 overflow, which is what the result would be
if we use your patch.

In short: if you want this to work, I think you should file a bug with
Debian, not here.