btree_gist regression tests failing in 8.0 branch?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: btree_gist regression tests failing in 8.0 branch?
Date: 2005-04-26 14:49:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Say guys, could you look into why btree_gist is failing its timetz
regression test in the 8.0 branch, if built with
--enable-integer-datetimes? Several of the buildfarm machines
are showing this, and I've reproduced it locally.

When I saw it I said to myself, "Oh, I forgot to back-patch the code
to make the timetz time + zone calculation do the Right Thing".
But it still fails after back-patching. The same regression test
passes in CVS HEAD, so I'm thinking there must be some other bug fix
that needs to get propagated back to 8.0. I don't have enough knowledge
of the GIST code to figure it out quickly, though.