Re: PGXS problem with pdftotext

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGXS problem with pdftotext
Date: 2009-07-02 20:55:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> PG_CPPFLAGS =-I/usr/include/poppler -shared -fpic
> SHLIB_LINK = -lpoppler -L/usr/local/lib

It doesn't seem appropriate to put -shared or -fpic into PG_CPPFLAGS.
If you need those, the makefiles should add them automatically.

The other thing that seems peculiar is looking for the include files
in /usr/include and the library in /usr/local/lib.  I've never
seen any package install itself like that --- either everything goes
under /usr/local or nothing does.  I suspect you might have two
incompatible poppler installations on the machine and you're picking
up the wrong combination of files.

Running ldd or local equivalent on pdftotext.so might help you determine
what's going on as far as finding the library goes.