Re: Second call for platform testing

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Cyril VELTER" <cyril(dot)velter(at)libertysurf(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: Second call for platform testing
Date: 2001-11-29 18:29:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Cyril VELTER" <cyril(dot)velter(at)libertysurf(dot)fr> writes:
> What modification should be made to configure.in to make it include
> SupportDefs.h when testing for int8 uint8 int64 and uint64 size ?

This looks like a bit of a pain. We're currently using AC_CHECK_SIZEOF
to make those probes, apparently because it's the closest standard macro
to what we want. But it's not close enough. It doesn't include
anything except <stdio.h>. I don't think we can fix this except by
making our own macro. Peter, any opinion about how to do it?

(If we do make our own macro, we could change the output to be something
more reasonable, like #defining HAVE_UINT8 rather than claiming
"sizeof uint8 = 0", which is sure to confuse people.)