Re: inconsistent debug log output

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: xxiii(at)cyberdude(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: inconsistent debug log output
Date: 2000-08-30 14:40:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org writes:
> a transaction from psql shows referential integrity statements in the
> output, but a transaction from a client using libpq does not; they are
> both using the same backend, PGDEBUG=2:

I think you are misinterpreting what you see.  The additional queries
needed for RI checks are compiled only once per backend (when first
invoked), and thereafter cached.  The "query:" log entry at debuglevel 2
actually comes from the parser, and so will only appear when the RI
check is compiled.  Your client trace presumably is from a segment of
activity later than first execution of this particular RI check.