Re: NullPointerException when calling ResultSet.absolute(int)

From: Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: NullPointerException when calling ResultSet.absolute(int)
Date: 2005-08-29 11:28:23
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello Oliver and thanks a lot for answering,

> Either you can use two queries, or use a scrollable ResultSet and call
> ResultSet.last() / ResultSet.getRow(). The second approach causes the
> entire ResultSet to be loaded into the Java heap, though, so it's not so
> good for large results.
Currently I use the last()/getRow approach but as you confirmed this
approach does exactly what I don't want - to transfer the whole
selection between server and client.
Isn't there a workarround for this, maybe setting the fetch-size
(default set to 0)?

Thx, lg Clemens