Re: CommitFest status/management

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CommitFest status/management
Date: 2009-12-01 04:08:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> As I have observed before, I think we need some infrastructure to help
> committers claim items, so we don't duplicate work.

Robert acknowledged the need for a "claimed by committer" field in the
fest application, but he hasn't got round to it yet.  In the meantime
I've been adding a "Taking this one..." type of comment to an entry
I want to claim.

> I'm going to look at the YAML format for EXPLAIN patch shortly.

Do we have consensus yet that we want YAML?  It seemed, well,
yet another format without all that much advantage over what's
there.