Re: Deferred RI trigger for non-key UPDATEs and subxacts

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Affan Salman" <affan(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Deferred RI trigger for non-key UPDATEs and subxacts
Date: 2007-07-16 01:40:14
Lists: pgsql-patches
"Affan Salman" <affan(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> With some time to spare, I thought I'd submit a quick-fix patch to the
> issue I reported here:
>       http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-07/msg00339.php

I don't think this is right.  If the original tuple was inserted by a
subtransaction of our transaction, it will have been checked at
subtransaction subcommit, no?  ISTM what we need is to schedule the
on-UPDATE trigger if the original tuple was inserted by either our
current (sub)transaction or one of its parents, and those are not the
semantics of TransactionIdIsCurrentTransactionId, unfortunately.

Stephan, have you looked at this bug report?  What do you think?