Re: Connecting remotely - multi tier

From: keke abe <keke(at)mac(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connecting remotely - multi tier
Date: 2000-11-02 19:03:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Adam Lang wrote:

> Ok... so if I am writing a distributed application in windows that will use
> a Postgresql backend, I should have the client interface another "server"
> application, which will inturn access/retrieve informaton from the database?

I'd like to know if this kind of layering is mandatory or not. Is it really
unacceptable to expose the Posgresql backend to the rest of the world? Is
there anything that I should be aware of if I let the clients to talk to
the backend directly.

regards,
abe

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Joseph ShraibmanDate: 2000-11-02 19:22:56