pltcl, linker and statistical functions

From: Michel Decima <michel(dot)decima(at)rd(dot)francetelecom(dot)fr>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pltcl, linker and statistical functions
Date: 2000-10-17 09:24:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I'm a beginner postgresql admin and I have problems with pltcl on a solaris
box.

Some users need statistical function (standard deviation, variance) and
I know
that this feature is not (yet) implemented. I found a piece of Tcl code
in the
mailing list archive at

http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-sql/1998-10/msg00070.html

and I'm trying to make it work...

Currently, the pltcl language is installed, all functions and aggregates are
created, but when I launch the query in psql :

select a, count(b) as n, average(b),
variance(b), stddev(b) from t1 group by a;

I got the following error message :

ERROR: Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pltcl.so failed: ld.so.1: /usr/
local/p
gsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/
pltcl.so
: symbol CurrentMemoryContext: referenced symbol not found

Is there a way to solve this dynamic link problem ?

Note : the pltcl is not really needed for itself. I'm just looking for the
statistical functions, so every solution is wecome ;)

Michel.

OS: Solaris 2.7

Used Software:
gcc-2.95.2
make-3.79
binutils-2.9.1
flex-2.5.4
bison-1.28

Source: postgresql-7.0.2
Configuration:
./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/pgsql \
--with-x \
--with-perl \
--with-odbc \
--without-CXX \
--with-tcl \
--with-includes=/usr/local/pgtools/include \
--with-libs=/usr/local/pgtools/lib \
--with-tclconfig=/usr/local/pgtools/lib \
--with-tkconfig=/usr/local/pgtools/lib

Environment variables:
PGHOME=/usr/local/pgsql
PGLIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
PGDATA=/var/local/lib/pgsql/data
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/local/pgsql/lib