Location: Greater Boston Area/ Remote work would be acceptable (candidate will be required to be on-site a 4-6 days a month).
Highlights: Brand New Architecture ...No need for Legacy compatibility, willing to subsidize hours to contributors of PostgreSQL.
Length: 1YR +
The PostgreSQL database architect and administrator will work with the development team to help design and implement enterprise class database applications using PostgreSQL in support of a high availability, global service-oriented architecture (SOA). The successful candidate will work closely and efficiently with the SOA development team and the surrounding departments in a team oriented setting to meet project goals and milestones.
· Plan performance, high availability database architecture and topology to serve multi-site, multi-tier SOA layer.
· Design and implement database schema to support business-driven and systems-driven service requirements.
· Provide a SQL API by which consuming services and applications can access database functionality.
· Demonstrate successful API functionality by means of a test framework.
· Establish a system of conventions and best practices to guide present and future evolution of the DB system.
· Provide technical documentation on the DB system, it’s schema, and API.
· Maintain DB environments to support ongoing development and testing.
· Implement replication, warehousing, and data management practices as appropriate to provide high availability and data protection for services.
· Partner with operations and support teams to provide strategy for maintenance and production support of the DB system.
· Provide central leadership in the migration and roll-out of the DB system to support service deployment.
· Establish performance benchmarks for the system and guidelines for utilization.
· Troubleshoot and provide solutions for functional and performance problems in the DB system.
· Work with development and operations teams to produce method and means of monitoring the DB system for health, utilization, and performance.
· Perform other duties as required by the hosting and development-support organizations.
· BS in computer science or equivalent
· Minimum of 5 years experience designing and administering database systems.
· Minimum of 2 years experience administering PostgreSQL database systems.
· High level of expertise programming in the ANSI SQL standards in DBMSs.
· Proficiency in Linux- and Unix-based operating systems on which PostgreSQL will be deployed.
[http://www.addisonsearch.com/addisongroup.jpg]<http://www.addisongroup.com/> Matt Norris
The Addison Group
Vice President Addison IT, Boston
One Liberty Square, Suite 202
Boston, MA 02109
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. Should you wish to be excluded from any future mailings, please send an email to unsubscribe(at)addisongroup(dot)com with the word unsubscribe in the subject. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Addison Group, 222 S. Riverside PLZ, STE 1710, Chicago, IL, www.addisongroup.com
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: paul rivers||Date: 2012-07-20 16:54:22|
|Subject: Career position - Berkeley, CA - Seeking db developer, sysadmin,
perl expert with a strong interest in security|
|Previous:||From: Clarke, Jason||Date: 2012-07-18 15:56:20|
|Subject: 6 Month Contract to Hire PostgreSQL Developer Opportunity-Scranton,