Re: postgres access via perl failing after upgrade

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Fetter, David M" <Fetter(dot)David(at)emeryworld(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres access via perl failing after upgrade
Date: 2000-07-31 22:46:21
Lists: pgsql-general

"Fetter, David M" <Fetter(dot)David(at)emeryworld(dot)com> writes:
> and import the database, however the perl scripts that we were using
> (written by somebody who's gone now) no longer work. I've traced the
> problem to the following line:

> $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=$PGDB;host=$PGHOST;port=$PGPORT", , );

That will try to connect via TCP, so your problem might just be that you
didn't start the 7.0 postmaster with "-i" and/or didn't copy over your
old pg_hba.conf config file. (See nearby thread about PGAccess
connect problems.)

If it's not that, we'll need to know exactly why it's failing to
connect. There should be an error message coming out someplace ...