Re: Support for QNX6, POSIX IPC and PTHREAD-style locking

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
Cc: Igor Kovalenko <Igor(dot)Kovalenko(at)motorola(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for QNX6, POSIX IPC and PTHREAD-style locking
Date: 2001-11-27 15:49:31
Lists: pgsql-patches

"Ross J. Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu> writes:
> ... submission for 7.3 (in about two weeks).

That's probably overly optimistic; if things don't slip any more,
it's still unlikely that we'll open the 7.3 branch for development
before the first of the year. Traditionally we don't make the branch
immediately after release, because there are always a few bugs
justifying a dot-1 release that somehow sneak through beta testing.
It's easier to deal with these if we don't have to double-patch both
current and stable branches.

However, the fact that we always end up having to make a dot-1 release
is not for lack of trying. The dot-0 release is *supposed* to be
bulletproof.