Re: Double newline bug with DBD::Pg: Where best to fix?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Dan Lyke <danlyke(at)flutterby(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Double newline bug with DBD::Pg: Where best to fix?
Date: 2001-02-28 19:02:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> Peter, I have thought about this some more.   Seems we either add the
> 'quote' check, or remove the optimizations completely.  Because we have
> to change it one way or the other for 7.1, it seems we should just
> remove the tests totally.

It's kind of handy that, for example, you can hit return a few times
without causing psql to think that something's been put into the query
buffer.  I'm worried that removing this code entirely might lead to
problems like failure to recognize backslash commands preceded by
whitespace.

Peter's patch looks like the most conservative fix to me ...