local_preload_libraries converts path to lowercase?

From: Lou Picciano <loupicciano(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-testers <pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: local_preload_libraries converts path to lowercase?
Date: 2010-06-18 18:56:31
Lists: pgsql-testers

[TEST REPORT]

[Release]: 9.0beta2

[Test Type]: Application - configuration.

[Test]: Attempt to make use of the

local_preload_libraries option within postgresql.conf

[Platform]: SUN SPARC 4u Enterprise 450 Quad.

[Parameters]: attempt to use local_preload_libraries = /usr/local/lib/MyFavoriteLib.so. PG converts entire path to lowercase: /usr/local/lib/myfavoritelib.so.

[Failure]: Yes

[Results]: The Postgres binary converts the library name - in fact the entire pathname to the library - to lowercase. Attempt to connect to server using psql results in psql: FATAL: access to library " /usr/local/lib/myfavoritelib.so " is not allowed - even though permissions are 'permissive'.

[Comments]: (Whether our attempt to reference our preloaded library in this place is correct or not,) that the binary changes the directive to lower case seems odd.

pgsql-testers by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2010-06-18 20:33:11
Previous:From: Chris RuprechtDate: 2010-06-15 07:13:13
Subject: Re: 9.0Beta2 Build on Mac (64 bit) of pg_upgrade fails with duplicate symbols