Re: pg_trgm

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net, ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp, andres(at)anarazel(dot)de, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru
Subject: Re: pg_trgm
Date: 2010-05-29 14:31:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> After thinking a little bit more, I think following patch would not
> break existing behavior and also adopts mutibyte + C locale case. What
> do you think?

This is still ignoring the point: arbitrarily changing the module's
longstanding standard behavior isn't acceptable.  You need to provide
a way for the user to control the behavior.  (Once you've done that,
I think it can be just either "alnum" or "!isspace", but maybe some
other behaviors would be interesting.)