Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>,Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>,Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "T(dot)J(dot)" <tjtoocool(at)phreaker(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..
Date: 2005-01-06 19:09:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> "Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net> writes:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Whether we're overestimating it or not, we have to make a decision and
>>> we have to make it now.  This thread is singlehandedly delaying the 8.0
>>> release.  Since I haven't seen any serious alternative proposed, I think
>>> we have to go with the CSIDL_APPDATA reference point.
>>>
>>> Given that decision it seems like the best names are
>>>
>>> APPDATA/postgresql/pgpass.txt
>>> APPDATA/postgresql/psqlrc.txt
>>> APPDATA/postgresql/psql_history
>>> APPDATA/postgresql/postgresql.crt
>>> APPDATA/postgresql/postgresql.key
>>> APPDATA/postgresql/root.crt
>>>
>>> Objections?

>> None.  Looks good to me.

I have applied code changes that do this.  It still seems to work on
Unix but would someone verify behavior on WIN32?  (You should also be
able to get SSL to work on WIN32 now, even with root.crt.)

> BTW, I did not get any guidance on how best to refer to this directory
> in the documentation.

Still an open question.  I committed docs changes that refer to the
files exactly as above ("APPDATA/...") but obviously we have to adjust
that.