Re: meeting recap and the next meeting!

From: David E(dot) Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: Selena Deckelmann <sdeckelmann(at)chrisking(dot)com>
Cc: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: meeting recap and the next meeting!
Date: 2007-02-22 23:08:24
Lists: pdxpug

On Feb 22, 2007, at 13:22, Selena Deckelmann wrote:

> We did talk about a datatype in contrib/ that does all/most of the
> work for you in C - the isbn_issn extension is what you are looking
> for.

The isbn_issn data type was included in PostgreSQL 8.1 and earlier,
and did not handle UPCs or EANs. PostgreSQL 8.2 has replaced the
isbn_issn contrib project with the new isn contrib project, which
handles ISBNs, ISSN, UPCs, EANs, and lots of other good stuff. If you
need to manage bar codes in your project, this is the data type for you!

Best,

David