Re: mac os x compile failure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: mac os x compile failure
Date: 2006-01-21 18:10:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com> writes:
> Unfortunately I don't have a recent-enough version of bison on the
> 10.2 machine and can't get bison-1.875 or bison-2.1 to compile so I
> can't install from CVS. I'll definitely check when 8.1.3 is released.

That's odd --- AFAIR I've never had trouble building bison on my OS X
laptop. What happens when you try?

One workaround would be to check out from CVS and then drop in the bison
output files from the 8.1.2 release tarball. I'm pretty sure we have
not changed any of the bison (or flex) input files since then in that
branch.