Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL
Date: 2007-11-29 20:43:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> I think a reasonable compromise is to turn the ereport() in _dosmaperr
> to DEBUG1 instead.  That way it won't clutter any log by default, and in
> the cases where we're actually interested in tracking the problematic
> situation, we don't need to get huge amounts of log traffic coming from
> other parts of the system.

I'm still not convinced what you think the problematic situation is.
It's already the case (and reasonable, I think) that _dosmaperr issues a
LOG message if it sees a GetLastError code it doesn't recognize; that
addresses the problem that this thread started with.  Why do we need to
make the success case chattier?