Re: small psql patch - show Schema name for \dt \dv \dS

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>,pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: small psql patch - show Schema name for \dt \dv \dS
Date: 2002-07-25 15:03:39
Lists: pgsql-patches
Rod Taylor <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca> writes:
> Perhaps current_schemas would be easier to use if it was changed to
> return one schema per row returned?

No.  If it returned a rowset then the ordering would be lost, in a
logical sense at least.  Remember that SQL does not believe row ordering
is semantically significant.

As I keep saying, current_schemas is not the solution to Greg's problem.
We need to expose additional (already existing) backend functionality
in the form of SQL functions that check object visibility.