Re: Major features for 9.1

From: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Major features for 9.1
Date: 2011-04-09 17:39:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
All,

> Yeah, that sounds like the way to go.
>
> So for Innovations, we'd have SSI, SE/Postgres, KNN-GiST, and wCTE,
> no?
> Or does someone else have wCTEs? I vaguely remember something about
> SQL Server ...

So, the research so far seems to indicate that:

SSI: PostgreSQL first
KNN-GiST: PostgreSQL first, but just barely: SQL Server will have this in November release.
wCTE: our "full implementation" is the first, version is SQL standard is much more limited.  How to word this though?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.