RE: [HACKERS] PHP and PostgreSQL

From: Matthew <matt(at)ctlno(dot)com>
To: "'Bruce Momjian'" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] PHP and PostgreSQL
Date: 2000-12-27 13:54:59
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-interfaces
	I have been asked by the major PHP developer Rasmus Lerdorf to see
if
	the PostgreSQL/PHP interface needs any improvements.

	Is the current PostgreSQL interface module in PHP adequate?  Does it
	support all the current libpq features?

The only problem we have run into (and I have heard of others having this
problem also) is with persistent connections.  I have seen discussion on
persistent connection problems but I'm not sure the problem was ever
resolved.  The problem we have seen is that when using persistent
connections the web server doesn't seen to reuse the connections or somthing
to that effect.  The result being that we eventually use up our postgres
limit of 48 connections and nothing can connect to postgre anymore.  It is
possible that this is a configuration problem that we haven't sufficiently
investigated, but I meniton it because I have heard other talk of this.
Anyone have more information?

Matthew

Next:From: Adriaan JoubertDate: 2000-12-27 14:11:30