Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Marc Fournier <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams
Date: 2010-07-03 23:14:12
Lists: pgsql-docs
> Seems like a good one.  But I'd still like to know the answer to the
> question I asked upthread - how is anyone supposed to generate images
> this way?

Hmm, judging from
http://live.gnome.org/Dia

the answer is that .dia files aren't meant to be human readable but only
to be a storage format for WYSIWYG editing.  I find this less than
thrilling: it essentially means you *can't* edit the images any other
way than using dia.  (I'd bet a nickel that any small change results in
massive changes in the file contents, too, which will be un-fun for
keeping them in a VCS.)