Well, I am making some progress with createdb/dropdb

From: Philippe Salama <karebacnyc(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Well, I am making some progress with createdb/dropdb
Date: 2006-12-09 23:19:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

The textbook wanted me to create-db -U neil bpsimple, but I accidentally created it as postgres. I want to follow directions so future exercises will work ok.

It has taken me a while to figure out that there are , in bin, programs such as createdb.exe which look for parameters on command line such as
-U neil bpsimple

So, I had to figure out how to dropdb.exe -U postgres bpsimple

And then recreate it as createdb.exe -U neil bpsimple

It is confusing for me to keep straight which things are .exe in bin, and which are command lines in psql.