Re: make caught doing what configure should...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: make caught doing what configure should...
Date: 2001-03-23 16:40:49
Lists: pgsql-patches
Alfred Perlstein <bright(at)wintelcom(dot)net> writes:
> Shouldn't configure look for the pre-generated file when the test for
> bison fails?

No, I don't think so.  At least not that way: what you'd need to
discover is not only whether gram.c exists but whether it is newer
than all its prerequisite files.

Besides, I think the warning message is appropriate in any case, since
it lets bison-less people know that they had better not blow away gram.c
or hack on gram.y.