Re: Legacy foreign keys

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Legacy foreign keys
Date: 2008-02-01 05:55:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I finally found more time to test this more extensively. i'm still
> running into an issue with this, although it's different this time.
> There are no errors printed to the terminal, but neither the foreign
> key nor the trigger get made.

It looks like you are trying to restore from a selective dump (-t
switch) that includes only one of the two tables involved in the FK
constraint. The backend logic for converting triggers to proper FK
constraints can only work if it sees both tables (and their triggers)
created during a single session.