Re: Silencing NOTICEs in Perl Pg

From: David Wheeler <david(at)wheeler(dot)net>
To: Andrew Perrin <clists(at)perrin(dot)socsci(dot)unc(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Silencing NOTICEs in Perl Pg
Date: 2002-08-30 16:18:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Friday, August 30, 2002, at 09:01 AM, Andrew Perrin wrote:

> I don't know the Pg module at all, but if it uses warn() to dump those
> notices to STDERR, you can use a sig handler to catch them:

I actually tried that, too. It didn't work. DDB::Pg just uses libpq,
and that C library is what generates the NOTICES. I think it uses C's
printf internally, but there was no way to capture that in Perl short
of filtering STDERR's output through a forked perl or grep.

Regards,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory