Re: column size too large, is this a bug?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>,Qing Zhao <qzhao(at)quotefx(dot)net>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: column size too large, is this a bug?
Date: 2004-03-26 03:11:36
Lists: pgsql-performance
Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> Is there still someone around who's working on getting a similar patch
> into 7.5?  Seems there huge user demand for such a thing...

Andrew Overholt did some preliminary work toward implementing the
SQL99-spec WITH functionality (which subsumes what CONNECT BY does,
and a few other things too).  But he's left Red Hat and gone back
to school.  One of the many things on my todo list is to pick up that
patch and get it finished.

IIRC Andrew had finished the parser work and we had a paper design for
the executor support.