Re: replication?

From: TomDB <tomdb(at)uk2(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: replication?
Date: 2006-11-14 21:10:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

would there be any default available field (like the OID of the
records) that would be unique in the two versions of the datbase?
there isn't "by accident" something like a unique UID like an MD5 or
something... ?

cause if there is no replication available, I'd consider this
(together with PHP)

a) replacing the serial fields by generated UID's (md5 of ID + a
string that depends on the install)
or
b) start the autoincrement field at a high number in the second
install (since I can estimate that there will never by > 10 000
records)

+ store all queries that were performed & run them in the
network-master afterwards.

--
Best regards,
TomDB mailto:tomdb(at)uk2(dot)net