Re: this mailing list is proposed to be retired

From: Thomas Adam <thomas(dot)adam22(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2009-03-26 00:47:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
2009/3/25 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Some PostgreSQL mailing lists, including the one you are reading now, are
>> proposed to be retired, because they receive very little or mostly off-topic
>> traffic.
>
>> * pgsql-interfaces
>>
>> Many PostgreSQL interfaces have their own mailing lists.  Posts that don't fit
>> anywhere else could go to pgsql-general.
>
> We consider that enough time for objections has passed with no
> objections being raised, so this list is going to be deleted Real Soon
> Now.  You Have Been Warned.

I find it amusing that "low traffic" implies some level of
irrelevancy.  What a load of tosh.  This list has a purpose, it
*serves* that purpose, and does so well.  By removing this and
consolidating it with another similarly-related one, you're just going
to contaminate that other list.

-- Thomas Adam