Re: Postgresql and VBA vs Python

From: "Relyea, Mike" <Mike(dot)Relyea(at)xerox(dot)com>
To: <Typing80wpm(at)aol(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql and VBA vs Python
Date: 2005-04-29 12:18:33
Lists: pgsql-general
FWIW, I'm using PostgreSQL on Windows with an Access/VBA FE that is
currently under development.  My PostgreSQL BE has 29 tables and several
of them currently have anywhere from 1 to 8 million records and growing.
For me, Access was really the only choice.  In our corporate
environment, everybody has it.  Plus, that's what I know how to use.  I
didn't see the sense in learning something different.  Sure, I could
have gone with something different and I've given thought to a web
interface with PHP - but I figured that the project would get done much
quicker if I used tools that I was already familiar with.  Plus I can
always go back and build a web interface later if that becomes required.

Just my two cents.

Mike

  _____