pgstats dead-space tracking

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: pgstats dead-space tracking
Date: 2007-09-21 01:18:05
Lists: pgsql-patches

In the committed HOT patch, I removed pgstats tracking of dead space,
because the system isn't doing anything with the info and it's not real
clear that the info is of value to DBAs either. However, I did make a
diff of the removal step; if we choose to put back the capability, the
patch would be something close to the attached. Just sticking it in
the archives before I forget (I think I'd fixed a omission or two in
Pavan's original, so this version seems worth archiving).

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
put-back-dead-space.patch.gz application/octet-stream 4.5 KB