Re: Bottom Posting

From: Andy Anderson <aanderson(at)amherst(dot)edu>
To: Postgres General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bottom Posting
Date: 2008-05-28 01:48:24
Lists: pgsql-general
> > > What do you mean whan you say "Don't top post???
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style
>
> On May 27, 2008, at 7:41 PM, Gregory Williamson wrote:
>
> In-line comments are more readable, especially for longish emails.
> The PosgreSQL mail lists all prefer this method. Some related lists
> (the postGis list for instance) have a preponderance of top-quoting.
> It is always best to try to follow local style.

But if you do bottom-post, please *do* edit the earlier content down
to just the context of your comments. Otherwise readers can end up
paging through lots of stuff before they get to the new bits. Archives
are available for reference if necessary.

(Oh, and sometimes it's a good idea to change the subject line,
too ... though I'm hardly innocent there ;-)

Cheers,

-- Andy