Re: SELECT returning too many rows (?)

From: robf <rob(at)dsvr(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SELECT returning too many rows (?)
Date: 2005-02-08 16:41:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs
> This looks to me like malfeasance of a VACUUM FULL: the reason there
> are multiple copies is that VACUUM FULL was trying to move the row
> around, and somehow you ended up with all three copies marked "good",
> when there should have been only one "good" copy at any instant.

> So: (1) have you had any system crashes recently?  (2) what sort of
> disk hardware is this running on?  I'm wondering about IDE drives
> with write caching enabled :-(

For the record there is only supposed to be one row, and we do run a
vacuum full each night, and it happened *after* this record was
inserted.

1) No. Up 377 days.
2) SCSI - configured as a hardware RAID 5 thru a LSI Logic / Symbios
Logic 53c1010 Ultra3 SCSI  adapter

Can I now remove these two errant records or do you think there is
anything to gain from continuing with this investigation ?

Kind regards

Rob