Re: using a stored proc that returns a result set in a complex SQL stmt

From: Marcin Stępnicki <mstepnicki(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: using a stored proc that returns a result set in a complex SQL stmt
Date: 2007-10-17 05:32:47
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 10/16/07, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> > The only reason I am going down this road is because of the difficulty of
> > using temp tables ( i.e. needing to execute a SQL string). Does anyone know
> > if this requirement may be removed in the near future?
>
> I don't understand what requirement you're referring to.

I think he means creating temporary tables in stored procedures as
described for example here ->
http://svr5.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2007-01/msg00117.php . From what
I see at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/release-8-3.html
the EXECUTE workaround is no longer necessary as plan invalidates upon
table schema changes.