Re: Help with User-defined function in PostgreSQL with Visual C++

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>, Esteban Zimanyi <estebanzimanyi(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help with User-defined function in PostgreSQL with Visual C++
Date: 2010-09-28 06:53:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Oh - I didn't realize this meant marking lots of things in contrib
>> that didn't otherwise need to be marked. Why do other people need
>> this if we don't?

> As I mentioned, we don't need the marks in our build environment at all.

In that case, anybody who does need it should fix their build
environment.

I grow really weary of the idea that we should submit to arbitrary
amounts of uglification of our source code so that it will deal with
this week's Windows oddness.  The Windows folk need to be willing to
do a bit of work on their end.