Re: Why is April 21 listed twice in the pgsql-general web archive?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Jeff Amiel <jamiel(at)istreamimaging(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Why is April 21 listed twice in the pgsql-general web archive?
Date: 2006-05-28 16:12:10
Lists: pgsql-www

Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> writes:
> looks like there is a glitch with whichever date shows up at the top of a
> given page. If you browse through the month of april, you'll see this happens
> on a number of different days always appearing at the top of each page.

The other problem that the archive pages have had since forever is the
tendency to show a few garbage "[no subject]" entries near the top of
the newest page for a list. These always point to what seem to be
partial messages. I do not know if this represents the archiving
process storing bad data, or the web page generator misinterpreting
what's stored.