Re: pg_hba.conf: samehost and samenet [REVIEW]

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: stef(at)memberwebs(dot)com, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)toroid(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_hba.conf: samehost and samenet [REVIEW]
Date: 2009-09-29 22:26:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Stef Walter <stef-list(at)memberwebs(dot)com> wrote:
>> * Tested on Solaris, FreeBSD, Linux and Windows. As far as I can tell
>> this should also work on Mac OS, HPUX and AIX, and probably others.

> This look ready to you, too? If so, please mark it as such.

I was just poking at this. It seems to need rather a lot of
editorialization (eg to fix the lack of consistency about whether
nonstandard headers have configure tests, or bother to make use of the
tests that did get added). However, it does actually compile and appear
to work on HPUX 10.20, which is my personal benchmark for hopeless
obsolescence ;-). So modulo the issue about how much we trust the
system-reported netmasks, it seems we could adopt this.