Re: Trivial permission problem with external-projects.sgml / and a typo in postgresql.conf.sample

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trivial permission problem with external-projects.sgml / and a typo in postgresql.conf.sample
Date: 2005-11-09 17:52:03
Lists: pgsql-patches
Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org> writes:
> - - The external-projects.sgml file has +x permissions unlike the other
> files. Could you please fix it so that RPM checks won't compile?

A "find" turned up several other files that have +x and should not.
I removed +x permissions from all of these:

contrib/lo/Makefile
doc/src/sgml/external-projects.sgml
src/backend/catalog/system_views.sql
src/backend/port/tas/solaris_i386.s
src/backend/port/tas/solaris_sparc.s
src/pl/tcl/modules/pltcl_delmod.in
src/pl/tcl/modules/pltcl_listmod.in
src/pl/tcl/modules/pltcl_loadmod.in

For future reference, there was a previous discussion about this here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-11/msg01256.php
The way to fix a file's permission was outlined by Bruce.
What I did was:

ssh to cvs.postgresql.org
cd /cvsroot/pgsql/contrib/lo
cp -p Makefile,v Makefile,v.new
chmod -x Makefile,v.new
mv Makefile,v.new Makefile,v
etc

AFAIK any committer should have the privileges to do this.  Obviously
you want to be careful not to do it at the same time someone is
committing into the particular file ...

> - - ... and the attached patch fixes a trivial typo in
> postgresql.conf.sample.

Fixed, thanks.