Re: tsearch2api .. wrapper for integrated fultext

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Oleg Bartunov" <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Subject: Re: tsearch2api .. wrapper for integrated fultext
Date: 2007-11-10 18:19:31
Lists: pgsql-patches

"Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> this is revised version

A couple of thoughts here:

* What is the point of creating stub functions for things that users
won't attempt to call directly, such as opclass support functions and
the old dictionary support functions? Couldn't we just leave those out
and save some code?

* The WRAPPER_FUNCTION stuff seems unnecessarily inefficient --- can't
we just declare those as LANGUAGE INTERNAL and link the SQL definition
directly to the built-in function?

* The SQL file doesn't create any of the old types (public.tsvector
etc) so it seems still a long ways short of ensuring that an old
dump file can be reloaded. Maybe I don't understand exactly how you
intend it to interact with the definitions that will be in the dump
file.