Re: Deadlock condition in current sources

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev(at)SECTORBASE(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Deadlock condition in current sources
Date: 2001-12-18 19:05:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers
"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev(at)SECTORBASE(dot)COM> writes:
> Checkpoint' undo is not used currently so just comment out GetUndoRecPtr
> call in CreateCheckPoint - we'll find solution later.

I thought about that, but figured you'd object ;-)

One possibility is to do something you had recommended awhile back for
other reasons: add a spinlock to each PROC structure and use the
spinlock, rather than SInvalLock, to protect setting and reading of
xmin, logRec, and related fields.  I haven't finished working out all
the details, though, and this seems like a rather large change to make
at this late stage of beta.  Comments?