Re: [HACHERS] privilege check: column level only?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Golden Liu" <goldenliu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACHERS] privilege check: column level only?
Date: 2007-06-05 15:18:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Golden Liu" <goldenliu(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> According to this, column privilege descriptors are created automatically
> while table privilege descriptor is created. Then, while checking privilege,
> can I JUST check column level privilege?

Since we don't have any, no ;-)

You could imagine implementing it as the spec suggests, but storing all
those per-column privileges would be bulky and usually redundant.
I think part of the "TODO" item here is to think of a more intelligent
representation that only stores a column privilege descriptor when it's
different from the table-level privileges.