Re: pgsql-committers shouldn't be the default "developers" list

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-committers shouldn't be the default "developers" list
Date: 2006-01-16 19:36:33
Lists: pgsql-www
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Tom Lane wrote:
>> (BTW, have we yet got things fixed so that all the addresses that appear
>> as "From:" for committers actually work to forward mail to the
>> respective person?  Last I checked it seemed not to work for me or
>> Bruce, but that was awhile ago.)

> You've lost me on this one ... from how I'm reading it above, that sounds
> like a mail reader issue, but I could definitely be mis-reading ...

What I meant is that, for example, Bruce's commits show up as
	From: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian)
which is not his real email address.  Some of these addresses actually
work, ie, forward to that committer, but I don't think they all do.
[ tries it... ]  A test mail to tgl(at)postgresql(dot)org, which is the way
my commits show up, hasn't come back after several minutes...