Re: 8.0.0 pg_restore -L doesn't restore ACLs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: 8.0.0 pg_restore -L doesn't restore ACLs
Date: 2005-01-23 00:19:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org> writes:
> PostgreSQL 8.0.0
> Running "pg_restore -l" to create a list file and then restoring
> using "pg_restore -L" fails to restore ACLs.  See the "Privileges
> where [sic] not restored" thread in pgsql-admin:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2005-01/msg00197.php

No doubt this is because the -l option doesn't list ACL entries in the
first place :-(.

A quick fix for the immediate issue would be to pass acl_pass as true
instead of false in PrintTOCSummary (pg_backup_archiver.c line 712 in
current sources).  I wonder however why PrintTOCSummary is filtering the
TOC entries at all, and whether there are any other cases that it really
shouldn't be filtering out.  Philip, do you remember why it's like that?