"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> *If* June 1st comes along, and Win32 isn't ready, there is nothing wrong
> with freezing the code *except* for a pending Win32 patch ...
Yeah there is ...
In the first place it's unfair to other developers to make schedule
slips at the last moment, and especially to *plan* to do so. I would
prefer we determine at least two weeks, preferably a month, in advance
whether there is going to be a schedule change. I think it's entirely
appropriate to decide now whether we are going to hold to June 1 feature
freeze or slip it. That gives other people a chance to do useful work
while we approach the deadline.
In the second, any Win32 issues that remain unresolved as of June 1
are likely to be major enough (in terms of code impact) that we can't
realistically contemplate slipping in post-beta patches for them.
The fallback position is going to have to be no (supported) Win32 port
in 7.5, not "we'll fix this in beta".
regards, tom lane
In response to
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Simon Riggs||Date: 2004-04-29 22:14:15|
|Subject: Small OS ports & Handheld devices|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2004-04-29 21:46:11|
|Subject: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion |